Friday, January 8, 2016

Dog Activity Gym

I know this is going to seem like a strange post coming from me. It's not about running or food. My husband and I are getting a puppy soon and I made this for our new puppy. I wanted to share how I made it so here goes.



What you need:

4 10' - 3/4" PVC pipes
8 1/2" x 3/4" PVC side outlet
8 1/2" x 1/2" PVC male adapter
Spray Paint (optional)
Paracord
Toys


I cut my pieces 36" long. I know the picture shows 8, but you need 12 long pieces. Took the picture too soon.



These are the corner pieces.


Here it is all put together.


I drilled four holes on each of the four top pieces, so I could tie the paracord through the holes.


This is the spray paint I used.


Here's a tip from me: Don't use cheap plastic drop cloth. My pieces stuck to the plastic and they paint started to peel.




I took the extra PVC and used on one side. I drilled holes into the tennis balls to get them to stay. I have two duck toys, a kong, a rope chew toy and a chew ring. Of course you can put any kind of toy on here.

Right now my only concern is if I should glue the joints together. I'll update the blog once we let our puppy play with this play gym.



No comments:

Post a Comment