Sunday, January 10, 2016

First Long Run of 2016

This is how my morning was suppose to go. I had an alarm set for 6:30am and I was going to get up go run 6 miles. Well that didn't happen. What did happen was I woke up at 6:30am and fell back to sleep. I woke up at 8:40 when my husband sent me a text. Oops

I got up had my coffee and breakfast, and was going to run on the treadmill. I then discovered right before I walked in that there were several ants on my floor. Ok I know I live in Florida and yes we do get bugs in the house once in awhile, but that doesn't mean I like it. After killing the ones I saw then spraying the area and then spraying the entire outside of my house it was time to go back in the gym. I don't like bugs.

My pre run pic!
I did my warm up and stretched and it was now 11:30am, damn there went the whole morning. I wanted to run 6 miles at a 10:00 minute mile pace. Since I haven't been running much I was hoping that I could maintain that pace. First mile was good. I was watching a movie no big deal I got this. Just after the 1 mile mark, I took a walk break. Ran for a little while longer and walked again. My legs were sore. Just after the two mile mark I started running at 6.2 mph to help make up for the walk breaks. Once I made up the time I just left the treadmill at 6.2. Around mile 4 I sped up and slowed down, but never going below 6.2.


I can honestly say this is the fastest I've run 6 miles in a very long time. It felt good to run again. Lately it's been feeling forced and not fun, but today was good!

Last night I finally realized that I'm not depressed anymore. Five months ago today we said goodbye to our dog. I have not been same since. We are getting a puppy on Tuesday and I guess that is what finally got me out of my funk. I have run more in the last 10 days than I have in awhile, not counting when I had half marathons during the week. I sure do hope this is a start to a great year. 



Oh and my mom came over and gave me a massage! Best thing after a long run!! Normally I wear PRO Compression socks after a long run. 


And I totally ordered a pizza!! My sink is broke and I really didn't want to do dishes. Thankfully my husband gets home tomorrow and fix the sink. Turns out I'm not a plumber and really had no idea what I was doing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment