Thursday, December 3, 2015

Cocoa Beach Turkey Trot 5k recap

It's become a tradition for me to get up early Thanksgiving morning and run the Cocoa Beach Turkey Trot 5k.



Every year I always take it easy during this 5k, since 3 days later is the Space Coast Half. It's always fun to just go out and run. The locals sit at the end of their driveways to support us. I always try to wave at them and thank them for coming out. One house around mile 3 has there own "water" station. The do serve water, but the do have beer and jell-o shots.


                                

This year I was Super Turkey. Just add a cape and you too can become Super anything :)


                               

This recap is going to be short. It's a great local race. I think it's a great idea to go run before you stuff yourself with Thanksgiving dinner. 

I of course will be there next year running. The only difference is I'll be running with our new dog. He/She will be old enough to run!!

Do you run a Thanksgiving day race?

No comments:

Post a Comment