Saturday, December 5, 2015

Space Coast Half Marathon Recap

The Space Coast Half Marathon has become my favorite half marathon. I've run it four times! The best part about this race is that it is a local race for me.

This year was year three of the Big Bang Series. For more info on the Big Bang Series, read here

When I signed up for this race in February, the idea was this was going to be PR race. When we said good-bye to our dog in August and I stopped running, all of that went out the window. New goal just finish the race.

My husband and I decided to walk the 13.1 miles. Neither one of us had trained so we walked.


Packet pickup!



Pre race photo in Cocoa Village.


Stopped and took a photo with my mom. She is a volunteer on the course



The course runs along the Indian River. The views on this course are beautiful.


Stopped at the 5k mark to take a selfie with Erin!


Selfie with Dave!!


Ok let's talk about this house for a minute. I always knew there was a creepy house on the course that had a mannequin in the attic. I just always thought it was on the marathon course which starts out north, then finishes on the half marathon course. WELL I was wrong. While we were walking along I heard someone point it out. Damn that house is going to freak me out every year now. 


At the half way point, for the half marathon, the Parrot Head group is the course marshalers, water stop and course entertainment. They are one of the best sites on the course. One cause they are at the halfway point and two cause they are awesome!!


Found Dave again!!! 


Had to stop one more time and say hi to mom!


YEAH MEDALS!!


Post race tradition! Order Papa Vito's.


This years medals!!


The Big Bang Series Medals!! Just have three more medals to collect!!

Of course I'll be back next year. My plan is to run this race every year that I live here. Hopefully next year I'll be able to run it in under 2 hours. I'm getting a new running partner soon, so hopefully he/she will help me get faster!!

Did you run the Space Coast Half Marathon?


No comments:

Post a Comment