Thursday, June 25, 2015

Mid Week Update

Here it is day 25 of eating from the recommended list from Inside Tracker.

Sunday June 21 I flew to Pennsylvania. I flew all the way up there to run hills to help me get prepared for the Bird-in-Hand half. I was up at 2:45AM, Sunday morning. I fly space available and the flights on Sunday didn't look good. I was trying to catch a 5:15am flight to Atlanta, so up at the wee early morning for me. Ended up making it to PA at noon. Grabbed a Starbucks and drove to my Aunt and Uncle's house. Later that afternoon I went for a 3 mile run. Oh did I mention the hill part. Yes I ran hills. OUCH! I finally went to bed at just before 10:00pm.

The first hill

Random selfie
Before I went to bed, I thought how did I stay up that long with a tough run? Well it's got to be because I'm finally eating what I'm suppose to. I'd of been sleeping by 5:00pm a couple of months ago.

Monday I woke up before 5:00am. We took the train to DC. When we arrived at Union Station I got another Starbucks and off to explore the city we went. We walked for hours. My iPhone health app said 10 miles. I have no idea if it's accurate or not, but my legs felt like it was 10 miles. Back to bed around 10:00pm.

DC
Tuesday up at 6:00am, ran 4.7 hilly miles. Went and visited my grandfather and ran a few errands. Around 4:00pm I was finally tired. BUT considering how much that run wore me out and I hadn't slept as much as I normally do, I was due to get tired. I ended up taking ENERGYbits and felt better. That afternoon we had a hell of a storm. One of my Aunt and Uncle's neighbor/friend ended up with a tree in his roof. From around 5:30pm-9:30pm we were busy running around (literally sometimes I was running from house to house cause it was quicker) making sure people were ok and seeing the damage.

Before round two of hills
Had to stop and take a selfie with my friends!


Wednesday back up at 3:00am to catch an early flight. Had to run, again literally, run in Atlanta. I'm good at running in a dress and flats all while dragging my roller ;) When I got home I did take an hour and a half nap. I went to bed at 7:00pm, because we had to get up again at 3:30am so my husband could catch a flight to commute to work. When I got home I took an hour nap.

Now to the entire reason why I decided to write all of this. Normally after a trip, especially one that wore me out, I would have never left the couch today. I have so far today (it's 3:30 as I am typing this) have done five loads of laundry, worked out, cleaned my kitchen and cleaned some of my house. I'm not tired and I plan to get back to cleaning after I'm done posting this.

The best part of traveling to your families house, is that you don't have to eat out. I stuck to my "diet" the ENTIRE time. Even in DC. We were at a restaurant and I brought all of my own food and ate only it! I didn't splurge and eat sugar. That's a big thing for me.

I'll let you know how the rest of week went!!

No comments:

Post a Comment