Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tinkerbell 10k Recap

This year I decided to run the runDisney Pixie Dust Challenge and earn my second coast to coast medal!

I woke up bright and early Saturday morning of the 10k, like 3:15 am. I got ready and headed out the hotel door. 

My plan for this race was to PR. Usually I don't try to PR for Disney races, but since I don't run 10k's often, I figured why not try. Some how I was lucky enough to get corral A! The goal was to run under 1:01:51. The big goal was to get sub one hour.

Pre race photo!

 The first mile I figured would be my slowest. I was not going to weave around runners. I didn't want to add any extra mileage by dodging everyone. After they said go I was off. The weather was perfect. It was 55 degrees, which is cold for me, but perfect to run in. I guess I should have studied the course map closer, cause I had to run hills. Oops! Got to mile 3 and was feeling great!! I thought I got this PR in the bag!! Midway during mile 3 I started getting tired.

Somewhere during mile 4 I ran into my friend Katie! We have never met in person, just chatted online. I saw her leaving a photo op spot and I yelled her name! We started chatting and running. She's a super fast runner and I was afraid of slowing her down, but she said she was having fun and not to worry. I'm so glad I found her, because I was very tired and needed someone to get me to the finish line!

I ended up PRing! Finished with a time of 1:00:02. Just missed the sub 1 hour, but that's ok!



Thank you Katie for helping me get my PR! I'm so glad I got to meet you!



No comments:

Post a Comment