Thursday, May 21, 2015

Tinker bell Half Marathon Recap

Sunday was another early wake up call to get ready to go run the Tinker Bell Half. Thankfully I was able to get some sleep the night before! Always a bonus! The plan for the half was to just have fun.

I was in corral A again for the half! I may have to figure out how to get speedy so I can be up there all the time.

Pre race Photo!

At 5:30 we were off! I did wear my watch, but didn't pay attention to it. I was just running along with everyone else. The half started out just like the 10k. Hills.....two of them. I survived :) We ran into Disneyland California Adventure first. As soon as I saw the first bathroom I made a stop. Hey there's no point in using a porta potty when there's real bathrooms with sinks and soap! After that quick stop I started to stop for photos. I did pass up Buzz Lightyear, the fairies and Tink. I didn't care about my time, but I don't really like waiting in lines.

Here is pictures from the parks. Warning there's a lot....







As you can see I stopped a lot. Even got a bathroom selfie!

Once we were done running through the parks we ran out of Downtown Disney onto the city streets. This is where it got boring. I woke up not really feeling like running and once we were out of the parks with no distractions it was boring. I walked and ran and texted and tweeted the last half of the race. Once I saw the finish line, I really wanted to take a selfie with a character. Minnie and Mickey were at the finish line!! 

Minnie

Mickey. Kinda awkward photo

 I crossed the finish line with a time of 2:45 and change!


All that running for all these medals!!



No comments:

Post a Comment