Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pirate Plunder 2 Miler Recap

Arrrrggggg... For the 3rd year I ran the Pirate Plunder 2 Miler. It's race 6 of 7 in the Running Zone Foundation Series.



This year my friend Catherine designed our shirts! She did a fabulous job!


I showed up early since I needed to pick up my packet. Plus I'm always early because I hate feeling rushed before a race. The best part of running in the Running Zone Foundation races is that Gecko Club members get perks! We have our own porta potty!! If you are a local you really should join!!


I had zero plan for this race other than starting, running and finishing. This is the first race I've ran since I started going to the chiropractor! I've been running more, just haven't been working on speed.

The National Anthem was sung and we were off! I just ran. I had my watch set to distance not speed. I had no idea how fast or slow I was running. Again I was just there to run.

I ended up finishing in 18:59!


This is always a fun race and of course I'll be back next year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment