Saturday, April 4, 2015

Inside Tracker

Back in January I had my blood analyzed by Inside Tracker.

What is Inside Tracker? (From their website)

InsideTracker is a personalized health analytics company founded by leading scientists, physicians, nutritionists and exercise physiologists from MIT, Harvard and Tufts University. 

The InsideTracker platform tracks and analyzes key biochemical and physiological markers and applies sophisticated algorithms and large scientific databases to determine personalized optimal zones for each marker. InsideTracker’s expert system offers science-driven nutrition and lifestyle interventions that empower people to optimize their markers. When optimized, these marker levels have been scientifically proven to increase vitality, improve performance and extend life.
Our goal is to empower individuals with the essential information they need to manage and optimize their own health. We believe that by providing a dynamic, personalized analytic platform at the intersection of biology, science and technology, then distilling the results into simple, natural and sustainable nutrition and lifestyle recommendations to follow, we can help people live longer, healthier lives.
Honestly I've secretly wanted to find a company like this for years. Doctors have run so many tests on me and they tell me I'm fine. I know I'm not fine because somedays I can hardly get out of bed. I know this is not normal. When Jonathan, from Inside Tracker, contacted me I knew I had to do this. 

There are 5 different plans, ranging from $49.00-$499.00. I chose the Performance Plan. I'll add the disclaimer here. I paid for the service. After I paid for the package on their website, they emailed me the instructions on how to schedule my appointment to have my blood drawn. It was a very easy process. I was able to set up my appointment online and had no problems!! 
You must fast 12 hours prior to the appointment so I made mine for 8:15am. I made sure to schedule it when my husband was home cause I'm a HUGE wimp when it comes to blood being drawn. They took 4 vials of blood. When you hate needles that's a lot. But I just kept repeating it'll be worth it!!
My blood was drawn on the 2nd of January and I had my test results on the 6th! When I got my results it was during the week of my first marathon. Honestly I just quickly looked at them and didn't really do anything with the info because I was freaking out over my first marathon. 
I had 20 different things checked out, from cholesterol to white blood count. I had 5 things that weren't in the optimal range. The most important one to me was the Vitamin D.


I read a few articles online about Vitamin D. I started to realize that this could be one of the reasons that I'm so tired different times of the month. I know everyone says how Vitamin D affects our bones, but I've been finding more articles saying Vitamin D is a hormone. As you can see from the picture above, my vitamin d levels are in the red. I'm not a supplement fan, I think you should try to get your vitamins from your food, but I did start taking vitamin D. In the three months that I've been taking Vitamin D, I have less "bad days" as I call them. I still have a one or two days a month when I can hardly get out of bed, but it's getting much better.


Oh my cholesterol is high. I should eat more fish and less red meat. And yes, I live 5 minutes from Port Canaveral where I can buy fresh caught fish, but I don't. I need to change this. I have started eating more oatmeal. It is a start.



My Vitamin B12 and Glucose were also a little high. 

As you can see from the pictures above, Inside Tracker lets you know what foods you should eat and also which ones to avoid. I have not been following 100% what they tell me to eat. As I mentioned before I eat oatmeal now for breakfast. I started adding raw cacao powder, which was recommend for my glucose. Chia seeds also popped up for a recommendation for me. I started drinking Iskiate daily. I have a recipe on my blog

I'm sure you're asking yourself why would I pay for this service vs. going to a doctor and having my insurance pay for it. Well here's my answer: Inside Tracker actually gives you the tools to correct your results with food, not drugs. They also give the science behind each test. They explain everything. I'm sure if I had gone to a doctor the recommendation would be a pill to lower my cholesterol. I am just fine with trying a more natural way first.  Back in 2008 I had a doctor do a full blood work on me. I still have the results and comparing the two, Inside Tracker tested more things. My doctor didn't check my Vitamin D. 

I was very happy with my results from Inside Tracker. I would recommend this to everyone. It's not just for athletes looking to be the best at their sport. Inside Tracker is for anyone who wants to better their health. I'm going to be retested in May. This time, I'm going to get the Ultimate Plan!!



No comments:

Post a Comment