Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 13 Marathon Training

Confession: I forgot to post week 12. Ooops..... I was out of town and didn't do it.

Week 13 is here and it didn't start out well, but ended good.

Monday I traveled, Tuesday I did nothing. After getting back from vacation my allergies decided that they wanted to let me know they missed me. Oh joy...

Wednesday I somehow got 3.1 miles done on the treadmill.

Thursday and Friday again my allergies were so bad I barely got anything done.

Saturday was the Turtle Krawl 5k! I'll post about it later this week! It was a great race. I really wanted to get my time under 30, but that didn't happen. I can do it on the treadmill, but not outside.

Sunday was long run day. I was scheduled to run 12 miles. I started with a 1.1 mile walk warmup. I figured I would go a total of 13.1. Started running my 6.3/4.0 3:06 run/1:10 walk. One mile in I thought, wonder if I can do 13.1 miles. So I thought, why not try. It was going very well, until the last two miles. They were the toughest and longest miles ever. I ended up extending one of my walk breaks by one min. Then at one point I just started walking for 30 seconds.

This week I learned that yes I can run 13.1 miles. AND I can do it close to my PR from Space Coast in 2012!!

I didn't wear a Sparkle Athletic skirt this week on the treadmill. My favorite shorts that I wear under the skirts were dirty. Don't worry I'll wear one next week!!

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment