Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Excalibur 10 Miler

March 2nd I ran the inaugural Excalibur 10 miler. As soon as The Running Zone announced this race I knew I had to do it! Anymore I've been getting really picky on the races I run, and if I'm running in Brevard County I only run with The Running Zone. They are the best race management company! No they did not pay me to say that!!!


At the start line we were divided into 2 "teams." When you registered you picked a color, blue or maroon. Both "teams" were lined up facing each other. After we watched a sword fight, the national anthem was sung, then we "charged" at each other. Right before we met, we turned and ran for the start mat. I have to say it was my most memorable start so far. 


The one thing I wished I'd done before this race was train better. My running in the last few months hasn't been going well. I did do the Princess 1/2 the week before, but that was for fun. 

The first two miles I ran with a friend. I had so much fun, wished I could have kept up with her for the entire race. After mile two I started my run/walk/run Jeff Galloway method. My goal was just to finish. If it was under 1:50 that would have been better! 


Considering I didn't really train for this race, I thought I did pretty well. Not disappointed with my time at all.


We didn't get regular race medals, we got crowns! Ok that may have been the entire reason I did it. Who doesn't LOVE a crown!!!


Later that afternoon I went to the Kennedy Space Center. And of course I had to bring my crown.

Did you run the Excalibur 10 miler?




No comments:

Post a Comment