Friday, February 28, 2014

Princess Half Marathon Recap

The alarm went off at 2:30 am yet again Sunday morning. I had to get up and get ready to run the final race of the Princess weekend, the Princess Half Marathon, and get my glass slipper!



After resting all day after the 10k, I was feeling much better! My husband drove me to the front of the resort so I could get on the bus. I didn't really want to walk all the way to front of the resort.

Once I arrived at the reunion area I found my friend and we started our walk to the corrals. We were in different corrals so we parted ways. 


I was in corral F. There were lots of people in front of me. After watching 7 firework displays we were off! My plan for the 1/2 was to run the first mile non-stop then do the run/walk/run Jeff Galloway method. I was feeling great and moving right along. 

Magic Kingdom!
When I arrived at the Magic Kingdom I ran into some other friends. One of the girls was having shin splints and they were walking. I joined them and I'm so glad I did. We ended up walking almost the entire thing. But we had so much fun! Not sure I've ever laughed so much during a half marathon! It was my PW (personal worst) but it was by far the BEST half I've ever done!





I'm very proud of my friend Jamie. She completed her first half marathon!


Medal 3 of 4!! 

Did you run the Princess Half Marathon?




No comments:

Post a Comment