Thursday, February 27, 2014

Enchanted 10k Recap

Saturday morning I ran the runDisney Enchanted 10k. It is the second race of the weekend, and first race in the Glass Slipper Challenge. I had such high hopes of just having fun during this race. Take my time and enjoy the run. 



I got to the start area talked with a few women and ran into some friends. Just waiting around to get into the corrals. While I was in the corral all of sudden I knew something wasn't right. I got dizzy and started shaking. This wonderful woman standing next to me looked at me and said are you ok? You just went pale. I knew I was either dehydrated or I was having an allergic reaction to something. As far as I can tell, and hoping, it was just dehydration. It was humid that morning. Most sane people probably would have run for the medic tent, but not me. I had a medal to get!


Start Line!
The first corral was off and it was time to get moving. I wasn't feeling the best, but I had no choice but to move forward. Our fireworks went off and we were off! I ran at a very slow pace for about the first 1/2 mile. After that I walked. I knew I could walk the entire way and I had to. 

I brought my small handheld water bottle, so I was able to drink water during the first mile. I knew that the first water stop wasn't until after mile 1. All I kept thinking was get to water station and you'll be fine. 

Elsa from Frozen

After I got to the first water station I took 3 cups and had them fill up my water bottle. I started feeling a little better. I started to run slowly then I'd feel bad then back to walking. This is how the entire race went. 

Once I got to Epcot, I filled up my water bottle again and started taking pictures. Why not right? 





I'm not going to bore you with mile by mile recap. They were all slower than normal, but I finished. The rest of the day I rested and just focused on feeling better. I drank lots of water and had Nuun Saturday. I HAD to get feeling better because I had a 1/2 marathon Sunday. 


Finish line!!

Medal 2 of 4 for the weekend!!!

I actually feel kinda silly for letting myself get dehydrated. I'm pretty sure it was a combo of that and being hungry. It was 2:30am when I got up. I ate a small breakfast and did drink water. But I should have brought more with me to the race. Add humidity to the whole equation and you have me feeling like I was going to pass out. 

Did you run the Enchanted 10K?

No comments:

Post a Comment