Sunday, December 15, 2013

My First Race with ENGERYbits


Saturday I ran the Reindeer Run 5k. This is the 3rd year in a row I've run this race.  I saved my last 30 ENERGYbits just for this day. I wanted to see how my time differed from the last 5k I ran.

I arrived at the race, picked up my packet and warmed up. Did all the usual stuff. Then 10 minutes before the start of the race I took my "bits."


We lined up my nerves were in check and away we went. 


I always start out way too fast. I'll never learn. I found I was passing the people who usually pass me. I was feeling super speedy. And my first mile showed my speed. 8:53. I can't tell you the last time I ran a sub 9 minute mile. Miles 2 & 3 were a little slower. 9:28 and 9:34. I tried to keep up with another runner and that may not have been the best plan. But hey I finished this race 33 seconds faster than my last. Not bad considering the last time I ran this fast was August. My finish time was 29:19!

I think my speed is back, thanks to ENERGYbits!

My Splits from the last three 5k's

Turkey Trot 5k Splits were 10:03, 9:57, 9:43
Santa Hustle 5k Splits were 9:23, 9:48, 9:41
Reindeer Run 5k Splits were 8:53, 9:28, 9:34

Got to have your photo taken with the reindeer!

Have you tried ENERGYbits? If not you should!




No comments:

Post a Comment