Saturday, November 23, 2013

Last long run before the Space Coast 1/2

This morning I went for my last long run before the Space Coast Half! This will be my sixth half marathon. I've run many many 5k's. So one would think I would know what I'm doing right? One thing I never thought I would do is change everything a week before a big race. Well I did.

I got a new iPod yesterday. And since my old one had a clip and the new ones don't I had to wear it on my arm. I had new headphones, cause my old ones died. I changed from Clif shots to Jelly Belly Jelly Beans. Then the biggest thing, I ran with a timer. I've run on the treadmill using the Jeff Galloway run walk run method. I've just never done it outside. I decided to give it a try.



I tried this out on the treadmill just to see how it works. I had it on my SPI belt and didn't really like the way it felt. So since I got my new iPod and had to wear it on my arm I clipped it to my arm band and loved it!! I used a 3:1 run/walk ratio. It was great! 

I also ran with my Pace Band and I'm so glad I got it!! It kept me on track and I even finished ahead of time!


I'm really glad I went out for my run today. It helped me mentally and it felt great. What will feel better is later I'm scheduled for a massage!! 

I do have to add a couple of photos. While I was icing my legs, Alex came over to visit me. He's so cute!!!



Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment