Thursday, November 21, 2013

10 Days Until the Space Coast Half

We are in the final countdown for the Space Coast Half!! With only 10 days left it's going to be here before I know it.

I wanted to PR at this again. Well that's probably not going to happen, BUT that's ok. All that matters is that I finish and get that sparkly, shiny, fabulous medal around my neck!


I got this photo from Space Coast Marathon Facebook.
Last years medal was fabulous. And since this is the first year of The Big Bang Series, this medal doesn't disappoint. I can't wait to have ALL seven of those medals on my wall.

Back to the point.

Since this isn't my "A" race I just want to have fun and enjoy this race. I do have a goal, but if I don't make it that's ok. The course runs right along the river. The view is spectacular. I just want to make it fun race! 

Yesterday I decided to visit the finish line. The finish line is in Cocoa Riverfront Park. 


This is what the last part of the run looks like. I will warn you it's narrow. I tried to pass a few people last year and couldn't get around them. 


And here it is the finish line area. Ok use your imagination and picture the clock and timing mats! 

I took a couple of other photos of the park incase you've never been here.



This is standing "on the course" looking out to where you can meet friends and family. 




And another shot of looking from the course to where you can meet family and have breakfast and also get BEER!! 

So in just 10 short days I'll be here getting my sparkly medal!!

Will I see you there?

And don't forget to download your RaceJoy app!!

No comments:

Post a Comment