Sunday, January 8, 2017

The 1st week of 2017

When I sat down to plan out my workout for the first week of 2017 I had planned on running at least 15 miles. I was going to do lots of PiYo and lifting weights. 

Well..... What really happened was I ran 3 miles on the 1st. I woke up with sciatic nerve pain on the 2nd. I tried to run and made to my next door neighbors driveway and walked home. I did 30 minutes of yoga and went to visit my mom, who is also a massage therapist. 

On the 3rd it felt a little better but it still hurt too much to run. What I should have done was called to see if I could move my chiropractor appointment from Wednesday to Tuesday. I did 30 minutes of yoga and rode the stationary bike.

Turns out my S/I Joint was out of wack. (I don't know the technical wording so we are going to out of wack.) More yoga and bike.

Here it is January 8th and I've run 10 miles, I've biked 8 miles and I've done more yoga this year than I did last year. I guess my News Year goal should have been do more yoga :)

Yes I'm behind on my goal of running 1,000 miles this year, but I'm not worried or disappointed in myself. All I can do is keep trying. I have another appointment with my chiropractor and I am working on doing exercises that will help with my S/I joint.


No comments:

Post a Comment