Thursday, August 21, 2014

Runner Down.....

13 days ago I injured myself. I ran a 5k. I let my competitiveness take over and ended up pulling a muscle. It was so bad that to get into bed I had to lift my leg with my arms. Laying down, sitting, standing hurt. It was terrible.

The day after I pulled it I started getting massages twice a week and started taking 30 RECOVERYbits twice a day. I also rested, a lot. I tried walking on the treadmill four days after the injury and it didn't go well. I tried again the next day and it was worse. I had to go back to resting. I'll admit it was kind of depressing not being able to run. I was probably not the nicest person to be around.

Well two days ago my resting days were over! I walked 1 mile on the treadmill with NO PAIN! Thought lets try running. I ran 1 mile NO PAIN! After that I did PiYo lower body. It felt so good to be active again! I did use KT Tape on my leg for support. I will probably continue to use it for the next couple of weeks just to make sure everything is healed.



Yesterday I walked 2 miles on the treadmill and did PiYo Upper Body! Woohoo!!!

As much as I love eating junk food and drinking wine, it's just not worth it to me anymore. It makes me feel like crap. I would much rather exercise and eat healthy. During my resting time I ate way too much junk food.

Over the next month I'll make sure I add extra hip strengthening exercises. Plus I'm planning on adding more leg workouts to my routine. I knew that my legs were my weak area, but this has to change. NO MORE INJURIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment