Sunday, August 31, 2014

Longest Run Since March

Yesterday I ran my longest run since March. As I wrote earlier this week I was kind of nervous about it. My pace has been slower and I've been getting really winded. My plan was to run at 6.3 for 3:05 then walk 4.0 for 1:20. I was scheduled to run 10.5 miles, but since I don't like half miles, I went 11.


Since it was Disneyland Half Marathon weekend, I just had to wear my pink Minnie Sparkle Athletic skirt:) 

I walked for one mile as a warm up, then started running. I felt great at the beginning. I had no problems keeping my pace. I was watching Netflix so I wouldn't get bored.

At 7.1 miles in is when I got tired. I added one extra minute of walking to my walk break.

At 7.9 miles, 1 hours 25 mins in, I took ENERGYbits. I should of taken them earlier. I realize that now.

9.9 mile mark I had to add another minute walk. I know with only 1 mile to go I still had to take that extra minute.

With only .4 left I didn't stop, I just kept running.

My time was 1:57:39. The treadmill starts over after 100 minutes.


I still kept ahead of my planned marathon pace. According to my pace band, my 11 mile time should have been 2:05:52.

This is how I recovered after the long run!




No comments:

Post a Comment