Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 2 Marathon Training

Wow week 2 is over! This week my pace band arrived!


I'll be totally honest, when I saw the band the reality finally set in. CRAP I HAVE TO RUN 26.2 MILES. I know what I signed up for, but for some reason looking at this made it real! 

This week I was scheduled to run 30 mins on Tuesday and Thursday and 4 miles on Sunday.

Tuesday!
Tuesdays run was very good! I stayed ahead of my pace!!

Thursday
Thursday
Thursday wasn't very good. I wrote a post about it. I won't recap it again in full details, if you want you can read about! Short story, it was a bad run that turned out good in the end. It was more of a mental day than physical. I've decided that when I have days like these I'm adding a mile to my day. That way when it comes to race day I'll be ready!


Sunday
Sundays long run was suppose to be 4 miles. I felt so good that I went 5 miles! I'm starting to take 30 RECOVERYbits and 30 ENERGYbits before I run. My knee still feels great, but now that I'm adding mileage I want to make sure it stays that way.





This week I wore my race day shirt and a different Sparkle Athletic skirt. I'm really liking the turquoise skirt with the shirt! Also really like the shoes with the outfit.

So far training is going great! With the Jeff Galloway program I'm only running three days a week. I'm not getting burned out from running which is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment