Monday, June 16, 2014

I'm training for a MARATHON!

Today kicks off my official start day of training for The Walt Disney Marathon!!!

Photo Source: runDisney

I'm just a little excited about this! I always said "I'd never do a marathon" but here we are!


I chose to use the Jeff Galloway training plan. For my birthday I received his marathon book. After reading it, I decided to do the 32 week training plan from his website. The book has a 29 week program, but since I have the time I'm doing the longer one. I used his training program for the Space Coast Half Marathon in 2012, and I finished faster than had planned, so why change a program that worked before. 

This was in June 2013 when he was at my local running store.
I'm sure in the next 32 weeks there will be ups and downs, good run days and pure mental running days, but I'm sticking to my plan. I'm still trying to figure out my fueling plan, since grains are no longer in my diet. I think I'm going to stick to dried fruit instead of Clif chews or Jelly Belly Sport Beans. Of course I'll be taking ENERGYbits, but I'll need something else to go along with them. Guess I better start liking the taste of coconut water again. All of the sports drinks that I've looked at all have grains or corn. Oh the joys of living with food intolerances.

I'm thinking that every Monday I'll post an update just on how the training is going! 


What are you training for?

No comments:

Post a Comment