Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Meet Lucy

Lucy is my treadmill. She and I are going to be BFF's over the next several months.


It's no secret my running hasn't been the greatest, but after this latest issue with my body I have zero speed and not much endurance. It's very frustrating to say the least, so far this month I've run 30 miles. March 2nd I ran a 10 mile race, so 20 miles for the rest of the month. Very very low. 

Enter my treadmill Lucy. Yes I named it. I figured if I'm going to be running on it ALL the time, I figured we better be on first name basis. Don't get me wrong,  I love running outside, but I can control my speed better on the treadmill. Unless I'm constantly looking at my Garmin I'm not very good at speed control.

When I really got back into running in 2011,  I ran outside. In the summer of 2012,  I refused to run in the humidity, so we bought a treadmill. I did almost all my training for my second half marathon on the treadmill and I PR'd! I also just a few weeks prior to the half I PR'd in a 5k.

Since November 2012, I have not PR'd. I've come close a few times but never got faster. I have 1 two miler and 8 5k's planned over the next 220 days. My next big race is a half marathon in 221 days. In the next 221 days I need to get my speed and endurance back. I WILL PR this year. My 5k time will be under 27:55 and my half marathon time will be under 2:14.

It's tough starting over. I forgot how hard it is. I keep telling myself that a 10:34 minute mile is better than no miles. I did run a 9:45 mile, BUT it just about killed me. I did however do it after I ran 3 miles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment