Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Day 21!

Well here it is day 21 of my Grain free 21 day challenge! I survived! I'll admit the first couple of days I had dancing cookies in my head. But again I survived!


Tomorrow I'm planning on adding some grains back to my diet. Going to start with oatmeal. I have a wonderful recipe for oatmeal cookies using oat flour. They are yummy!

In the last 9 days my husband was off work. We tried all kinds of new ways to eat without grains. My husband is an excellent cook so he really helped come up with ideas. In fact he has  been absolutely fabulous in helping me change our recipes to become "Megan friendly."

We had grain free leek rings. We used coconut and potato flour. Yup I tried coconut flour again.


French onion soup, used tapioca flour.


Chocolate lava cake, again used coconut flour.


Spaghetti with spaghetti squash and sheppards pie using tapioca flour in the gravy.

I'll post recipes later.

I do feel better physically! I'm really glad I did it and stuck it out the 21 days. Now my focus is to see what I can add back into my diet without pain and run!


No comments:

Post a Comment