Sunday, March 16, 2014

Day 11 Grain Free!


So here it is day 11! I've made it half way! I've never felt better. I have ZERO pain! AND I'm pretty sure what I thought was environmental allergies was really food problems. I am no longer taking 7 allergy pills a day. Yes somedays it was 7. Minimum per day was 3. I am now taking 1 allergy pill a day.

I thought it would be difficult to adjust to not eating grains. But so far as long as I have snacks and planned meals it's easy. Since the Paleo diet is very popular I've found great recipes on Pinterest.

For breakfast I have eggs, tomatoes and fruit. I've been putting cilantro in my scrambled eggs and it's AMAZING!!


One other change I've made to my diet is cutting out processed foods. I used an avocado as mayo in my chicken wraps one day. It was yummy!



We bought a food dehydrator earlier this week! So far I've made beef jerky, apples and pineapple. Apple chips have become my new favorite snack!!

In the last 11 days I've tried many new things. Some have been wonderful, some not so much. I tried making cauliflower pizza crust. Not the best thing I've ever made. Still working on the recipe to make it better.

Also I've been trying to get back into running. I've run twice in 11 days and boy do I miss it. Both times were only 3 miles. I went slow and didn't try to over do it. I'm trying to get ready for a 10k Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment