Wednesday, December 4, 2013

34 Races In 2013

This year I decided to run 34 races. Since I turned 34 this year that was the number I picked! My first race of the year was January 5 and my 34th race was December 1st! At the beginning of the year I had decided that I wanted wear a Sparkle Athletic skirt to every race and try to dress up as much as possible toward the theme. Little did I know I would end up owning 14 skirts. The 15th one is in the mail and will be here in a couple of days!

I ended up running:
1      2 Miler
1      3k
25    5k
1      8k
1      10k
1      10 Miler
4      Half Marathon


January-July
July-December

I'm not sure which of my outfits is my favorite, but I did have fun putting all of them together. 

This year I have run around the Daytona International Speedway. I have run over the Key Largo Bridge. Sparkled through Disney World and Disneyland. I've dressed up as Elastigirl, Sleeping Beauty, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White and Mike Wazowski. I even teased up my bangs and ran in an 80's themed race! Coconut bras aren't the easiest thing to run in, but I did that too! And now I can't wait to put the finishing touches on my Christmas themed outfits!

I've met wonderful new running friends. I was RaceJoy's first tester for their app. I've had a great running year!

Not sure how many I'll run next year. Probably not as many as this year. But you can bet I'll be wearing a Sparkle Athletic skirt to every race!

Do you dress up at races?












No comments:

Post a Comment