Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Running Costume

I love getting dressed up for races. And this weekend I'm running in the 6th Annual Witch Way 5k in a costume. 

I have put some thought into what I was going to wear. Last year I wore my high school cheerleading outfit. This year I decided to make my costume. Running in polyester in Florida humidity isn't fun. 

I decided to dress up as Mike Wazowski. I met him at Disneyland earlier this year.


It was very easy to make. I had the shirt, visor and sparkle skirt, all I needed to do was cut the felt into the eye, mouth and horns. I am all about easy running costumes. 


The visor was easy. I printed the Monsters INC logo and used double sided tape to tape on to the visor. I really hope it stays on while running:) The horns are pieces of felt I safety pinned on.


The shirt I got at Target. The eye and mouth I cut out of felt and stitched them together. I used safety pins to attach to the shirt.


Here's the finished product! Can't wait to run in it Saturday! 

Do you run in costumes?


No comments:

Post a Comment