Monday, October 21, 2013

RaceJoy

I will be running with RaceJoy during the Space Coast Half Marathon!

What is RaceJoy?

Well, RaceJoy is a great app that you use while running in races. It tracks you on the course via your phone. And it only tracks you during the race. It's great for your friends and family to follow while you are running. The best part is they don't have to be at the race!

When I run the Space Coast 1/2 it will be my 6th time running with RaceJoy! I personally LOVE the app. It's great because my mom can track me while I run and try to get a great (or not so great) photo of me. Also my husband uses it to see how I'm doing while he's on the road.

I was one of the first testers at the To Write Love On Her Arms 5k back in April.





It is available on the iPhone and Android phones.

After you download and open the app this is what the iPhone app looks like. I took screen shots off of  my phone. Sorry I don't have a droid to show that app.

Choose the race you are running. I'll be running the Space Coast Half Marathon.




Choose the correct login. I chose Athlete Login for this post.




Once you have selected your name and claim your bib you get to this screen.




This is where all the fun stuff is!!






The "Event" button sends you to a screen that gives you ALL the info you need about the event, the course, schedule and lots more!



The "Track Me" button is how you track the runner. There is a $1.99 fee. It will give you exact location of your runner. Plus some bonus features. 

This is what it looks like when you tap on the "Track Me"
The "Social" button will allow the app to update Facebook on your wall. The app will not update on Twitter. They are working on it.






The "Cheer" button is where you can send your runner cheers!

 

The "Post Race" button has lots of great info. There is a Meet Up option which is included in the $1.99 fee. It also will have the results and next years race date!


And the last button is the "Results"! This of course is where you can see how well you did!



That's my take on the app. I hope this helps anyone wanting to use the app during a race or even as a spectator. 

Check out their Facebook page.
Follow them on Twitter.









No comments:

Post a Comment