Sunday, January 20, 2019

2019 Update

I have really neglected this blog, but I haven't really been running much. I didn't run many races last year, and I maybe ran 1-2 times a week. Why you ask? Well my back hurt and I was tired. Turns out all I needed was a hysterectomy. I had 8 uterine fibroids. Two of them were sitting on the back of my uterus and one was the size of a very large marble. So that's why my back hurt all the time, especially when I ran. The last half marathon I ran, my back hurt for the first 7 miles.

Currently I'm five weeks post-op and I feel so much better. I'm still 8 days away from running, but for now I do get to walk slow on the treadmill. I have been walking daily to get my endurance back.

I can not wait until January 28, it's the day I get to run. I know I can't run far, but I get to run!! Not sure if my first run will be in Paris or Florida. It's going to be in the 30's in Paris and the 60's in Florida. I'll update this blog after I go for my first run!

So far this year I'm signed up to run Paris Semi Marathon, if I can get my mileage back up in 6 weeks. But just in case these six weeks knocked me back I'm prepared to have a DNS. May 5, the day before I turn 40, I'll be running the Nice Semi Marathon. In December I'm running Space Coast Half for the 8th year in a row. I'm hoping to run several local 5k's.

This is where I'll run in Nice.
If you have any cold weather running tips, please let me know. If it gets below 60 here in Florida, I get on the treadmill. It's been several years since I've run in cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment