Sunday, June 18, 2017

Running in the Florida heat is no joke

This morning when I left the house at 6:10am, my watch said it was 77 degrees out. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure the humidity was in the 90% range. Our goal was to run 10 miles. It was our first 10 miler and we were both determined to finish. Ok so there were many many times where I wanted to quit. There was not a single cloud in the sky nor was there any wind.



Yesterday when we left for our run it was 72. Let me tell you a 5 degree difference is HUGE. We ran 9 miles yesterday and when I got back from that I took Katie Scarlett for her one mile run. It was hot but tolerable.

Today I set up a water station on my front porch. We ran back to my house after 5.75 miles. I had washcloths in ice water and ice cold water to drink. It was a very refreshing and I will continue to set that up all summer.

If I didn't have my running partner pushing me to get to 10 miles I'm pretty sure I would have quit at 7 miles. Those last three miles were killer.

After I got home I pulled up the weather app and look at the feels like temperature:


It may have been a slow 10 miles, but 10 miles is 10 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment