Monday, December 12, 2016

2016 Reindeer Run 5k Recap

For the last six years I've run the Reindeer Run 5k! The race is very close to my house and it's fun!


This was my first real run since The Space Coast Half, so I had no dreams of being speedy or breaking my PR. The plan was to just run.


First we will talk about the outfit. Now this was a tame outfit from the one I had originally planned on. The reason for the change was because it was suppose to be cold and I figured I'd be wearing a coat so why hide my "tacky Christmas outfit". 


I did wear my Pro Compression 2015/2016 Ugly Sweater Socks! #TwoPairDontCare

This is going to be a quick recap. I didn't start out too quick, which is what I usually do. Just tried to keep a steady pace. My first mile was my fastest mile in a very long time. I ran the entire time! When I saw the 3 mile marker I tried to go faster, which didn't work very well. Then after the first failed attempted at sprinting I tried again and sorta got a sprint. I finished with a time of 31:34. Not my fastest not my slowest. It's faster than the Turkey Trot and if I would just continue running I would get faster again. I still have a goal of breaking the two hour half marathon time.


No comments:

Post a Comment