Sunday, September 11, 2016

First Long Run in a Long Time

My official training doesn't begin until tomorrow for the Space Coast Half. I decided to sorta get a head start. I ran 5 miles today, which is the farthest I've run since February. Wow that's crazy. Five miles was nothing for me to run a year ago. Now it's tough.

I was on the beach just before 7:00am. Took a few photos and started my run. I ran a 5k yesterday so I figured I'd slow down my pace and just take it easy. That is easier said than done. I start off running look at my watch and I'm running 9:30 pace. Last year I would have had no problem with that pace, this year not so much.



Mile 1 for me is usually my fastest and most times my easiest.

Mile 2 not bad should have slowed my pace, but kept going anyway.

Mile 3 nope. I walked way more than I wanted too.

Mile 4 oh holy hell it's hot and I'm tired and so ready for this to be over.

Mile 5 was better than 3 and 4, but not much.

It'll be easy again soon. I just need to stick with it!




No comments:

Post a Comment