Friday, September 25, 2015

The 1st Annual Peach Bottom Quadathon!

September 13-14, 2015 my uncle and I participated in the 1st Annual Peach Bottom Quadathon. What's a Quadathon you ask? Well, it's something I made up. We were out on the river kayaking and I had this brilliant idea to have this Quadathon. It's four (obviously the name) events, shooting, running, biking and kayaking. I think as soon as I had the idea, I had shirts made up. We needed to look like an official event. My uncle and I were the two participants and my aunt was the "Official Time Keeper."



The original plan was to do all four events in one day. HOWEVER since my uncle ran a 5k on Friday and I ran the Bird-In-Hand Half on Saturday, we were too sore to do all four events on Sunday. The shooting event had to take place on Sunday, it's dove (I think) season. Since you can't hunt on Sunday's in Pennsylvania, we HAD to have the event on Sunday and not Monday when hunters are out.

We had planned on shooting clay pigeons. However, when we went to buy the clay pigeons and the thrower, the salesman sold us the wrong sizes. The clay pigeons were too big for the thrower. On to plan B. We just set the clay pigeons on the ground and used them as targets. This was my very first time shooting a shot gun!


We each shot 10 times. Michael got all 10 and I only got 6. For more photos and videos of the shooting events you can go to the Facebook page! And please like the page while you're at it:) Thank you!!

Next event (Monday) was the kayaking portion. Again we had to go to plan B. When we were ready to do the event it was windy as could be. We drove the kayaks to the marina and kayaked to my aunt and uncle's house. 

Here's the confession, he had to use a paddle board paddle, because one of the kayak paddles was missing. I had the good paddle and I won! 

After the kayak event!

The biking event was next. I knew that I could not win this event. I don't hardly ride a bike. It was an easy 2.55 miles course. I lost by a lot. His time was 10 minutes 45 seconds. My time was 14 minutes 02 seconds.


The last event was running. My uncle has a bad knee and he injured it during the 5k on Friday. We ended up doing a sprint. I lost... womp womp womp... I didn't know he was a sprinter in high school.

No we weren't having fun at all :)

We weren't really sure how to score the Quadathon, sooooooooooo we had two categories. First Place Male and First Place Female! That means we both got medals. Now when I say medals, I mean I made them.


YES those are fancy medals aren't they?!?! 

1st place Male and Female Winners!
If you can't figure out from reading this post, WE HAD A BLAST! Oh yes we are doing it again next year. AND hopefully we will have lots of other participants. More people equals way more fun!!

I have no idea when we are planning next years event. Go like our Facebook page to keep up to date on all the latest! Seriously GO LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment