Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Excalibur 10 Miler Race Recap 2015

For the second year in a row I went on a quest to get my crown! Only had to run 10 miles to get it!

Photo Source: Excalibur 10 Miler Facebook page
I had to share the race map. I think this is my favorite race map EVER!

This year I was on the blue team, and of course I had to dress in my team colors! When you registered you picked which color team you wanted to be on. Either blue or maroon.


When I signed up for this race I had a goal, I just wanted to PR. Of course my sciatic nerve had other plans for me. I just haven't been able to run long distances or run fast. So new plan, just get that crown. Run, walk, skip or crawl, I was going to get that crown!!

This is a unique race. Of course you can tell by the name, Excalibur 10 miler, it has a medieval theme. Right before the start, there's a sword fight. Two Knights from Medieval Times come out and put on a show. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo. After the sword fight, the blue and maroon team charge the field and head for the start line. It rained the day before and the field was wet and muddy, so I slowly walked trying not to get my shoes wet. Hey this princess is picky :)

The first two miles went great. I was keeping a great pace feeling good and at mile 2.5 I pretty much lost all my energy. That's what happens when you don't run more than 1-3 miles at a time for a month. Oops! Around mile 4 I started to walk and Bill, a runner that I knew stopped to stay hi.



We ended up running/walking the rest of the race together. If not for him, my time probably would have been worse.

It's hard to see, but there's a crown on my head!

I will be back next year to try again! Actually I'll be back for the next four years. After the race they announced a four year challenge! Check out their website!

My Crown!

Did you run the Excalibur 10 miler? Are you going to take on the challenge for the next four years?

2 comments:

  1. You did great getting through the race with all of your issues and you helped me get through it as well. Perhaps next year we'll be a little better prepared and get those PRs! Thanks for the mention ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Yes next year we will PR!!! I've been to the Chiropractor and I'm feeling 110% better!! Next PR is going to be Space Coast!!

      Delete