Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 6 Marathon Training

Photo Credit: runDisney

Week 6 is over! 166 days until race day!

This was an ok week as far as training goes. I had family staying with us this week and I only got one workout in during the stay.

I ran outside! I know it's Florida, it's summer, it's humid, I DON'T run outside during summer months. I figured it was easier to get my run in while my Uncle was here if he went with me. He rode a bike while I ran. It was slower than what I have been running on the treadmill, but it's hard to run fast and still talk. It was good to be out in the humidity. I have a race in just over a week and I know it will be hot. And I got a new Sparkle Athletic skirt! I think it's my new fave!



Friday I ran 4 miles on treadmill and then PiYo followed by 10 mins of yoga. 


Saturday I was planning on walking then PiYo. Well it didn't workout that way. I did walk a mile, then I decided to see if I could run one mile at 7.0. I did the mile at 7.0, then I thought wonder if I can go a mile and a half. The last half mile I just kept upping the speed. 1.25 miles in I was done, but somehow kept at it for the last .25. I didn't do PiYo cause after that I thought I was going to puke. I need to keep remembering that I'm stronger than I think.


Sunday I ran a 5k on the treadmill! Followed by PiYo and yoga.


This weeks Sparkle Athletic skirt is.....red! Not sure this one will make the short list.


How was your workout week?

No comments:

Post a Comment