Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My 35th Birthday!

Most years I have what I like to call "Megan's Birthday Week!" Yes I celebrate for a week. It usually involves elaborate meals, pool days and beach days. Usually my husband can bid his schedule so we can celebrate. This year didn't work out. No worries! I was planning on having a very low key day. Just a run in the morning followed by pool time and reading a book. As it turns out my mom has the week off so she was here to celebrate with me.

I started out my morning with my alarm going off at 5:15am. Of course all I wanted to do was go back to sleep. I mean it's my bday I can do what I want right?!?! Well I got up had some coffee and breakfast and walked out to the beach for my run! I'm really glad I did. Again a cloudless sunrise and perfect temps!





Yes I did wear a tiara visor and my Sparkle Athletic skirt! Cause every birthday princess will wear whatever she wants on her birthday!! My run this morning wasn't about time. I stopped to take photos of the sunrise. I just wanted to enjoy it!


My mom showed up with lunch and wine!! Bonus she's a massage therapist so I got a massage poolside! Normally we do it in the house, but since we are remodeling and my office is in the living room we moved outside!


************************ Advertisement *************************
I'm totally going to plug my mom right now. If you are local (Brevard County FL). She's a great massage therapist and she knows how to deal with runners and all their running issues!

Sorry had to give a shout out to my mom!! After the massage we grabbed a glass of wine and floated in the pool! It was great way to spend my bday! When my husband gets back from his trip we will celebrate by finishing the floor in our office now turned into our bedroom! It's everything a girl could ask for for her birthday!!


I had to share what I got from my mom! Two great things running book and gift card to my favorite running store!! Thanks mom!!



How do you spend your birthdays? Do you get a week?

1 comment:

  1. Having a mom who's also a massage therapist must be so wonderful! It makes sense for you to engage in running, as you won't have a problem when a muscle acts up because your mom can help with making it all better. Here's to supportive parents everywhere! Have fun running!

    Marisa Chadbourne @ Touch Of Health Massage

    ReplyDelete