Monday, April 28, 2014

Run For It 5k Race Recap

Saturday April 19, 2014, I ran the Run For It 5k for the second year. I'll admit last year when I ran the race I didn't know much about To Write Love On Her Arms and I wasn't quite sure what "Run For It" stood for. I had a goal of 34 races last year and this one was close to my house so I signed up. It just happened during last years run that I started talking to another runner who started talking about TWLOHA.


Last years race happened the Saturday after the Boston Marathon. Before I got to the race I had intended on running for Boston. I wore my blue and yellow. It was kinda fitting because the point of the race was, What will you run for? It was a coincidence that I had already decided to run for something.

2013
Every runner out there had their own reason for running. Some were running for health, fun and even for their loved ones who were depressed or even committed suicide.

Ok back to this years race recap. My reason for running this year was health. After the last two months of me dealing with new food intolerances, I'm just so grateful that I am still able to run. I'm not as fast as I once was, but I did it!



Going into this race I really wanted to run a sub 30. I woke up about 3am and it was storming out. By the time I got up it had stopped raining and it was cool. I thought I can do a sub 30. When I arrived at the race it was cloudy and breezy, but just as we got to race time the sun came out. The course was non shaded.

I don't think I've ever looked at my Garmin so much during a race. I think ever 30 seconds I was checking my pace. My official time was 30:27. Just shy of what I wanted, but it was a minute faster than my last February 5k.

What do you run for?

No comments:

Post a Comment